So Delicious, You Can’t Eat Just Ten! Well, not really, but you get my drift. This Lavender Shortbread Cookie recipe is a crowd-pleaser.
Lavender Shortbread Cookies
3 sticks Butter
1 cup Powdered Sugar
3 cups All Purpose Flour
½ teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract
¼ cup of Granulated Sugar
1 tablespoon Culinary Lavender Buds
1. Bring organic butter to room temperature. Cream butter and powdered sugar together with mixer.
2. In a separate bowl mix flour and salt together gently by hand. Add flour and salt mixture to the creamed butter. Mix and then add vanilla and mix thoroughly.
3. Crush lavender buds between your fingers and add to cookie dough.
4. Gather dough into ball and tear in half. Roll each ball over waxed paper into 1 foot long tube sections (like a snake). Wrap each 1 foot section into wax paper and chill for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
5. Unwrap cookie dough and slice into ¼ inch thick cookies.Place cookies on pre-greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle granulated sugar over top of cookies. For stronger lavender flavor crush an additional ½ teaspoon of lavender buds and add to the sugar mixture before topping.
6. Bake for 20 minutes. Do not allow cookies to brown. Cool on rack.