Kayla Fioravanti is a wife, mother and award-winning author. She lives in Franklin, Tennessee, with her serial entrepreneur husband Dennis, her three kids, three cats, six chickens, one dog and a herd of bison.
Kayla’s writing is a sincere reflection of who she is. She writes everything from poetry to textbooks used in natural medicine programs. Kayla loves to research complex problems, dissect the information to its smallest component and write it to her readers in every day English.
As a writer, Kayla was first published at sixteen. Since then, she has incorporated her love for writing into her business and life adventures. Kayla has used the power of the written word, education and the Internet to help build successful businesses from the ground up since 1998. She has been a faithful and regular blogger since 2005.
Her natural product, soap and aromatherapy books exemplify Kayla’s easy-breezy style that makes learning fun:
- DIY Kitchen Chemistry: Simple Homemade Bath & Body Projects
- The Art, Science & Business of Aromatherapy: Your Guide for Personal Aromatherapy and Entrepreneurship
- How to Make Melt & Pour Soap Base from Scratch: A Beginner’s Guide to Melt & Pour Soap Base Manufacturing
- The Art & Science of Aromatherapy: Your Personal Guide to Aromatherapy, Abridged
Kayla Fioravanti is living proof that the mind of a scientist can live concurrently with the heart of a poet in one body. Her honest non-fiction books invite the reader into her heart and mind:
- Puffy & Blue: The Chronicles of Nine Lives Together
- When I was Young I Flew the Sun Like a Kite
- 360 Degrees of Grief: Reflections of Hope
Kayla loves to teach, share and encourage other writers on their journey. These desires lead to the ultimate how-to book for authors:
- How to Self-Publish: A Guide for Author-Preneurs, 2nd Edition
- Social Media: Platform Building Blocks for Both the Savvy & the Shy
- eBook: Step by Step Guide to Self-Publish Using CreateSpace
Kayla is also a business and author coach. In 1998, Kayla co-founded Essential Wholesale, which was listed as an INC Magazine 5000 Fastest Growing Companies in America three years in a row. Essential Wholesale began in her kitchen with a $50 investment in 1998 and sold for millions in 2011. Through Essential Wholesale, private consultations, publications and public speaking Kayla have literally been involved in thousands of businesses. The root of Essential Wholesale’s success was its involvement in helping thousands of other small business owners succeed. Through Selah Press and coaching, Kayla enjoys having her success fully dependent on the success of the authors and small business owners she coaches.
Kayla’s author and business coaching is based on nearly 20 years of writing, speaking and business experience. Here is a list of her achievements:
- 360 Degrees of Grief: Reflections of Hope, April 2014
- CCA Magazine, Fall and Winter digital editions 2014 and 2015
Web Content Examples
- EssentialWholesale.com (1998-2011)
Kayla Fioravanti has a long history of contributing articles to multiple magazines including CCM Magazine, WHOA Women Magazine, CCA Magazine, Dermascope, Les Nouvelles Esthetique, Global Cosmetic Industry (GCI) Magazine, New York Metro Parent, The National Association of Holistic Aromatherapists, Understanding Marketing and more.
Kayla has been featured, written content, been interviewed and has given expert advice for hundreds of magazines including Real Simple, Home Business Magazine, Elle, The Woman’s Advantage Calendar2009 and 2010, Self Magazine, Beauty Bean, Cosmetics Design, Private Buyer, Launchpad, Prevention Magazine, Green Point, Real Self, My Skin Inc, Diva Village, Redbook, Siempre Mujer, Organic Beauty Expert, Body & Soul, InStyle Magazine, New Beauty, The Luxury Spot, Beauty Expose, Beauty News NYC, Diva in a Carry On, Beauty Secrets, Glamour Cow, Everyday Mama, Examiner, Parenting Magazine, Women Entrepreneur, Beauty Blitz, Cosmetic News Weekly, Organic Spa, The Rose Sheet, America Spa, Natural Spa Living, Today’s Black Woman, Happi Magazine, Delicious Living, Home Business Magazine, Women’s Day, U Magazine, American Beauty, Pop Star, Southern Living, Skin Inc., Marie Claire, OK Magazine, Pregnancy Magazine, Good Housekeeping, Pregnancy & Newborn, Shape, I Do Brides, TODO Texas Magazine, Allure, Florida Coast Living, Southern Living, Quick & Simple, Pilates Style, Ebony, Today’s Black Woman, Spa, Skylights, Green Retailer, Hip, Fit Yoga, Balance, Simply the Best, CosmoGirl, Salon City, Herald Tribune Golf & Leisure, Zink, Ocean Magazine, Upscale, Luxury SpaFinder, Aromatherapy Thymes, First!, Oxygen, Woman’s World, Natural Health, Seventeen, Your Life Magazine, Boston Common, Bleech, Upscale, Working Mother and many others.
Kayla wrote a chapter in the book Millionaire Mom, The Art of Raising a Business and a Family at the Same Time by Joyce Bone.
Central Soapers Workshop
- Crafting Compelling Copy, 2015
- Creating Alternative Revenue Streams, 2015
Tennessee Soap and Candle Social
- Branding for 2015 and Beyond
- Creative Crowdsourcing, 2014
- How to Self-Publish, 2013
Handcrafted Soap & Cosmetic Guild Speaker
- How to Make Melt & Pour Soap from Scratch, 2011
- Aromatherapy 101, 2010
- You are the Secret Ingredient: Formulating Your Dream Business, 2010
- How to Survive in a Sluggish Economy, 2009
- The FDA Globalization Act, 2009
- Good Manufacturing Practices, 2008
- Riding the Business Rollercoaster, 2008
- HSMG Expert Panel 2006-2011
Indie Business Network
- How to Publish Your Book on Amazon 2014
- How to Self-Publish a Book that Supports Your Personal & Professional Platform, 2012
- Safe Cosmetics Act, 2011
- Indie Meetup Speaker, 2006-2011
Alabama Soap Conference
- Keynote Speaker, 2011
- Aromatherapy 101, 2011
- How to Make Melt & Pour Soap Demo, 2011
National Association of Holistic Aromatherapists
- The Basics of How to Publish Your Own Book, 2012
- Create Simple and Effective Bases for your Aromatic Blends, 2011
- Building an Aromatherapy Business, 2010