Nothing says, “I love you” like Lavender Chocolate Shortbread Bars. I recently planted lavender and my first flowers bloomed. Soon I will be able to use my own lavender from my garden for this recipe.
They are simple and super sweet. The steps are few and just a couple of ingredients are needed to make this tasty treat.
Lavender Chocolate Shortbread Bars
2 sticks Butter
½ cup Sugar
½ teaspoon Lavender Buds
¼ cup Dark Chocolate Chips
2 cups Flour
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat organic sugar and lavender buds in a food processor or magic bullet for a few seconds. This helps break down the larger grains of sugar and mill the lavender buds.
3. Cream butter and sugar on medium speed with electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Separately melt chocolate chips. Check to see if your microwave has a melt feature or microwave on medium for a few seconds at a time. Or melt in double broiler. Allow to cool slightly.
5. Slowly sift flour into sugar/butter mixture and mix thoroughly.
6. Blend melted chocolate into batter.
7. Press into baking pan. Bake 38-45 minutes or until top is firm. Check center to make sure that a fork comes out clean.
8. Turn pan upside down to allow bar to slide out of pan. Allow to cool slightly. Cut before they cool completely.