This simple recipe is great to bring to a gathering to serve on sliced bread.
1 lb mild ground pork sausage
1 lb ground beef
¼ cup pesto
¼ cup chopped sundried tomatoes
2-3 garlic cloves chopped
1 package Neufchâtel cream cheese
1 tsp rosemary (crush in your hand)
1 tbsp mixed Italian Herbs
1 jar Prego Organic Tomato Basil Spaghetti sauce
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
Salt and Pepper to taste
Prior to Serving Add
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Serve on top of your favorite sliced bread.
1. While browning pork and beef in same frying pan add pesto, garlic, sundried tomatoes, rosemary, mixed herbs and cinnamon to the pan as it cooks.
2. Drain grease from meat
3. Reduce heat to low and add Prego Spaghetti Sauce and Neufchâtel cream cheese
4. Mix thoroughly, add salt and pepper to taste
5. Just prior to serving add grated mozzarella cheese and grated Parmesan cheese
6. Add a spoonful on top of either your favorite sliced Italian bread or costini slices and serve immediately
If you need to travel and serve this some place other than your own home you can put all the mixings into Crockpot and assemble to serve.