My favorite appetizer to serve for a Super Bowl Party (or any party really) is a spicy savory twist on cheesecake! Spicy jalapeños tamed and enhanced with the addition of cheddar cheese and a cilantro sour cream topping makes this nontraditional treat something everyone will remember.
The corn bread crust add just the right flavor to make this your new favorite.
2 8-ounce packages Neufchatel cheese
2 eggs, separated
1/2 cup of chopped jarred Jalapeños (add more or less depending on your taste for hot)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt & pepper to taste (just a dash of each will do)
Follow the directions to make packaged Corn Bread (I’ve Marie Callender’s Organic Corn Bread Mix and Jiffy Cornbread in the past)
¾ cup Sour Cream
1 bunch of Cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare crust ahead of time. Follow the direction to mix the Cornbread. Grease the bottom of a pie pan. Coat the sides and bottom of the pie dish with a thin layer of mix. Bake until firm 5-8 minutes. Set aside. Use the remaining mix for corn muffins to enjoy on the side.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside. Mix egg yolks thoroughly with Neufchatel cheese. Beat in Jalapeños. Fold in cheddar cheese and add salt & pepper. Gently fold in egg whites.
4. Pour into prepared crust. Cook for 35-45 minutes or until a fork poke comes out clean.
5. Prepare topping. Finely chop cilantro in a food processor and fold in sour cream.
6. Allow to cool up to 10 minutes and serve warm. Pour topping onto each piece as you serve or allow to cool and add topping. Serve with tortilla chips.