I’m a huge fan of all things jalapeño! I love jalapeño poppers, jalapeño cheesecake and jalapeño eggrolls.
When we lived in Oregon we liked to go to the Original Road House Grill and order Texas Egg-rolls. I came up with my own version now that we don’t live in range of the restaurant and I added an extra dipping sauce.
- 8 ounces Neufchated Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Sliced canned Jalapeños or more if you like it spicy
- Eggroll Wrappers
- Chop up Jalapeños
- Mix in with Cream Cheese
- Put mixture into the wrapper (see picture)
- Roll one side of wrapper (see picture)
- Bring in the sides of the wrapper
- Finish wrapping and moisten the end with water to seal
Head oven to 400 Degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with oil. Lightly brush outside of the roll with olive oil. Bake until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
In a large skillet, heat oil to 350 Degrees F and place rolls flap side down, a few at a time into the oil. Turn them occassionally until golden brown all around, about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper towel before serving.
Serve with store bought Jalapeño Jelly or follow the recipes below for alternative dips.
Sweet Jalapeño Sauce Recipe
1 cup Corn Syrup
1/4 cup Sliced canned Jalapeños or more if you like it spicy
1 Tbsp Juice from the canned Jalapeños
1/4 cup of Sugar
1. Chop up Jalapeños
2. Add all ingredients together in a heavy sauce pan
3. Bring to boil while stirring for at least 10 minutes.
4. Allow to cool slighly before serving
Cilantro Cream Sauce Recipe
1 bunch Cilantro
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 cup Sour Cream
Salt to taste
1. Clean and remove stems from a bunch of cilantro
2. Place cilantro and olive oil into a food processor and mix until shredded
3. Stir in sour cream and salt to taste