I am doing the Best Day Ever Challenge which means I am eating no sugar, light light dairy and no gluten. I wanted to make a tasty dessert that would fit in that category and still be worthy of a dinner party. Pears were abundant in the produce aisle this week so they became the focal point. The resulting dessert was delicious!
5-6 Ripe Pears
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
1 dash Cardamom
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
2½ cups raw nuts (I used raw cashews and raw almonds)
½ cup Pitted Dates
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 tablespoons soft Butter or Ghee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put raw nuts in a food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add dates, pulse the food processer several times until the dough can be pressed together. Don’t over blend or you will have nut butter.
- Press dough into a 9-inch pie dish or tart pan firmly on the bottom and sides to form a crust.
- Bake dough for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Meanwhile slice pears and toss them in lemon juice, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Arrange sliced pears on crust and bake for 15-20 minutes or until pears are soft.
Use your favorite fruit, add raisins, or switch up the spices with things like clove and/or nutmeg.