When I was in high school, I created the best cheesecake recipe ever. Over the years, it has changed to reflect my lifestyle and food choices. Today, this recipe for organic cheesecake sweetened naturally reflects my organic choices. I’m a huge fan of organic agave nectar. This is the first of many recipes using agave that I will share with you.
I hope you enjoy this recipe for a most divine cheesecake made with agave and other fresh, organic ingredients. You can use non-organic ingredients and it will turn out just as delicious.
Organic Agave Cheesecake
2 8-ounce packages organic neufchatel cheese
2 organic cage free eggs, separated
½ cup organic agave nectar
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed organic lemon juice
¾ cup organic sour cream
1 ½ tablespoons organic agave nectar
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers (I used New Morning Organic Graham Crackers)
5 tablespoons melted organic butter
OR You can use a pre-made graham cracker crust.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare crust ahead of time. Combine crackers with melted butter and mix with a fork until completely moistened. Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow it to set up. This cake is also good with a prepared graham cracker crust if time is short.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside. Mix egg yolks thoroughly with Neufchatel cheese. Mix in organic agave nectar and lemon juice. Gently fold in egg whites.
4. Pour into prepared crust. Cook for 35-45 minutes or until a fork poke comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool thoroughly. Mix all toppings ingredients gently and top cool cheesecake.
6. Serve cold as is or with fresh organic strawberries, cherries, blueberries, peaches, raspberries or fruit of choice.
Ann Nichols says
Agave is a staple in our house. Hubby uses raw milk and agave for his morning latte. Says it is better than flavorings.
I use agave in my coffee too! It is yummy – I’ve never tried it with raw milk yet.
Bill Heinemann says
I searched for an agave sweetened cheesecake recipe and chose yours as a thanksgiving low glycemic option.
I used Organic Valley cream cheese since no Neufchâtel was available. And I chose a pre-made crust pan since I had never baked a dessert before.
Also, I doubled the topping to hide the spots of browning on top.
Knocked the family’s socks off! Delicious!