Working more from home, due to the coronavirus pandemic, is resulting in more baked goods being made. This Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe is something that my friend Jen and I developed in college. We were the cookie makers at The Platform, which was a student run eatery in the Platt-Howard dormitories back in the 1980’s. This is the perfect marriage of all the best of peanut butter, oatmeal, and chocolate chip cookies all in one mouthwatering cookie. I’ve developed this recipe out a little bit since those days and it is a favorite in my household.
Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar (not packed)
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cup Crisco Butter Flavored Shortening
- ½ cup Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 cup quick Oatmeal
- ½ tsp. Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp. Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 1 ½ cups Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to Bake 325 °F.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, oatmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together white sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, and Crisco butter flavored shortening.
- Mix in eggs.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Stir in Ghiradelli Milk Chocolate Chips.
- Place approximately 2-3 tablespoon ball on pre-treated cookie sheet evenly spaced. Gently press down.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes in preheated oven.
- Let sit on baking pan approximately 2 minutes before placing on cooling rack or wax paper.