Cheesecake is always a winner in my house. As a teenager I developed, what turned out to be, an incredibly versatile cheesecake recipe. At the time I used processed white sugar and over the years I have adapted it to my ever changing diet. I love to try new things, new ingredients, and a variety of sweeteners. I was anxious to try Steviva Blend by Steviva because it is low calorie, low carb, low glycemic, gluten free and contains no maltodextrin and no GMOs. The flavor and sweetness in this low carb cheesecake is spot on. No one would guess that uses a sugar substitute.
Low Carb Cheesecake Recipe
2 8-ounce packages neufchatel cheese
2 eggs, separated
¼ cup Steviva Blend by Steviva
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
¾ cup sour cream
1 ½ tablespoons Steviva Blend
1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
2 1⁄2 cups ground nuts (almonds, pecans or walnuts)
1 tablespoons Steviva Blend
4 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Prepare crust ahead of time. Combine ground nuts of your choice with melted butter and Steviva Blend. Mix with a fork until completely moistened. Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow it to set up.
3. Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside. Mix egg yolks thoroughly with neufchatel cheese. Mix in Steviva Blend and lemon juice. Gently fold in egg whites.
4. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cook for 35-40 minutes or until a fork poke comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool thoroughly. Mix all toppings sour cream, Steviva Blend, and vanilla extract gently and use to top cooled cheesecake.
6. Serve cold as is or if you are on a low card diet add a moderate amount of raspberries, blackberries or strawberries on top.