I do not like the flavor of any packaged salad dressings and this is especially true of ranch dressing. Sicne moving to the South I’ve discovered that some places have the perfect ranch dressing. I’ve been in pursuit of nailing that flavor at home for years. Recently I discover what the missing ingredient always was—dill pickle juice! Yes you read that right—dill pickle juice is the secret to the perfect ranch dressing recipe. I used Claussen Kosher Dill Pickle juice to make my recipe.
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- ¼ tsp. Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ tsp. Dried Dill
- ½ tsp. Dried Chives
- ¾ tsp. Garlic Powder
- ¾ tsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 Tbsp. Dill Pickle Juice
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Duke’s Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Buttermilk (see alternative below)
- Measure all ingredients into a bowl.
- Whisk together all the ingredients.
- Allow to sit in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight before using.
- 1 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- 1 cup Milk (less 1 Tbsp.)
- Place 1 Tbsp. White vinegar in a cup measurer and then top off with milk.
- Allow to sit up 5-10 minutes before using.