Recently I discovered that my 15 year old handwritten recipe book that I wrote for the restaurant I co-owned ages ago is starting to fade. Seems like a perfect time to share my favorite recipes from it before the recipes are lost.
Truffle Pie was one of our best sellers and you simply can’t go wrong with this decadent dessert! I like to cook organic whenever possible, but you can substitute as you see fit.
Truffle Pie Ingredients
1/2 cup Organic Heavy Cream
4 tablespoons Raspberry Liquor (or Liquor of your choice)
12 ounces of Milk or Dark Ghirardelli Chocolate (or other high quality chocolate)
8 tablespoons of Organic Butter
1 Keebler® Ready Crust® Chocolate Pie Crust
1. Boil cream in a heavy pan. Reduce to 2 tablespoons.
2. Remove from heat and add Liquor of choice and chocolate.
3. Return to low heat and stir until chocolate thoroughly melts.
4. Whisk in room tempature butter until smooth.
5. Pour mixture into Keebler® Ready Crust® Chocolate Pie Crust and refrigerate until firm (45 minutes to 1 hour)
6. Serve cold with whipped cream (homemade recipe below).
This recipe is actually pretty simple and quick to make but it will look like you slaved for hours on this. I prefer to make my own whipped cream for this recipe. It doesn’t take too much work either.
Whipped Cream Ingredients
½ cup Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
1 Tbsp Organic Agave Nectar
½ Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
Add Heavy Whipping Cream, Agave Nectar and Vanilla Extract and whip together in Magic Bulletor with hand mixer until fluffy.
Leave a Reply