I love the way blue cheese looks. The natural marbeling is so pretty and the texture makes it fun to use in just about any dish. Even cheese cake. Yes, that’s right cheese cake.
Next time you are in charge of appetizers whip up this simple and unique Blue Cheese Cheesecake. It only sounds odd, but it is delicious. I made this one up for a get together in early December. It was so good, I made it again at Christmas time for family.
2 8-ounce packages Neufchatel cheese
2 eggs, separated
8 ounces blue cheese
½ teaspoon lavender pepper (available here); you can use black pepper too
Salt to taste
1 1/2 cups crushed crackers (I used Ritz)
5 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare crust ahead of time. Combine crackers with melted butter and mix with a fork until completely moistened. Press mixture into the bottom and sides of a pie pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour to allow it to set up. This cake is also good good with a prepared graham cracker crust if time is short.
3. Beat egg whites until stiff and set aside. Mix egg yolks thoroughly with Neufchatel cheese . Beat in blue cheese. Add salt and pepper. Gently fold in egg whites.
4. Pour into prepared crust. Cook for 35-45 minutes or until a fork poke comes out clean.
5. Allow to cool up to 10 minutes and serve warm. Can be served as is or with grated sharp cheddar cheese on top. Serve with crackers and apples. Yum!
Leave a Reply