I’ve continued to stay on Anne Marie’s Best Day Ever Challenge, even when there is not current challenge because I feel so good when I eat BDE compliant foods. The group shares a lot of recipes. I’ve been experimenting with what I’ve learned to come up with a dairy free, gluten free and sugar free banana bread. And I love how this turned out!
I combined some of the geeky things I’ve learned in the group with my mom’s secret ingredients for banana bread and came up with a healthy delicious gluten free paleo-friendly banana bread recipe.
Best Gluten Free Paleo Banana Bread Ever
3 very ripe or overripe bananas
2 ½ tsp. Melted Coconut Oil (or butter or ghee)
3 eggs separated (4 if they are small – I used pullet eggs which are smaller)
1 tsp. liquid Stevia Extract (optional)
1 ½ cups Oats (pulsed)
¼ cup Almond Meal (or raw almonds pulsed)
1 tbsp. Whey Powder (or other unflavored protein sourced powder)
3 tbsp. Flaxseeds (pulsed or whole)
2 tbsp. Chia Seeds
1 tsp. Sea Salt
Mom’s Secret Ingredients (creates ‘sour milk’)
3 tsp. Coconut Milk
½ tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1. Preheat Oven to 375oF. . Line a loaf pan with baking paper and lightly grease.
2. Separate eggs. Beat eggs whites until they form soft white peaks and set aside.
3. WET: Mix egg yolks, melted coconut oil, and liquid stevia together.
4. DRY: In a separate bowl mix almond meal, oats, whey powder, flaxseeds, chia seeds and sea salt.
5. Mix dry ingredients into the wet ingredients listed above, but not the egg whites yet.
6. In a small bowl mix coconut milk, apple cider vinegar and baking soda. Stir and allow it to all react. Pour mixture into blended ingredients.
7. Fold in egg whites.
8. Pour batter into prepared baking dish and bake at 375oF for 25-30 minutes or until a fork comes out of the middle dry.